Sunday 7 December 2014

The Beetle that Haunts Me



I can’t see it right now.
But as soon as I switch-off the lights,

It comes to life.
It looks strange in the dark swirls of smoke.
It startles me every time it is visible.
A chill runs up my spine.
Oh it’s nine!

Now it will be dark again.
It was creeping on the walls last night.
Leaving a blur; like a trail of darkness.
There is a colour; or a sign of madness.

I lie on the bed, dreading that it would tread on me.
I hold my breath, and wish for a cold breeze.
What is this sinister creature you ask?

Some call it a Firefly, I call it memories.
It lights up to ignite my thoughts,
And then disappears for a while.

And just when I am used to the darkness...
It lights up again.
The period of the beetle’s extinguished state is
More than its visible.
As if, it knows what I fear when that happens.
Everytime.

It lights up.
Extinguishes.
Ligh-…




  

No comments:

Post a Comment